MAJOR HONOURS AND MEMBERSHIP
- Honour for Dr. Kanak Rele from Government of Maharashtra
- Sangeet Natak Akademi Award, 1994.
- Padmashree, 1990.
- Gujarat State Gaurav Puraskar 1989.
- Nrityachoodamani, Madras, 1978.
- Vice President's Citation for one of the best Choreographers, 1995.
- Sarangdev Fellowship, 1995.
- Ex-Dean, Faculty of Fine Arts, University of Mumbai.
- Ex-Member, Executive Council, University of Mumbai.
- Trustee, Prince of Wales Museum.
- Member of Panel of Experts in Fine Arts U.G.C.
- Member of Experts Committee I.C.C.R.
- Kala Ratna - for contribution to Mohini Attam
- Suvarnakankanam from Keli for contribution to Mohini Attam
- Kala Vipanchee from Dr. Balamuralikrishna for lifetime achievement in Mohini Attam.
- Advisor for Dance on the Planning Commission, Govt. of India.
Dr. Kanak Rele receiving PADMA-BHUSHAN
award from the President of India at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.